Recipe Day!

Happy Friday!  Here's my recipe for a really delicious dip, salsa, or side dish:

Southwest Veggie Dip

1 green pepper (diced)
1 red pepper (diced)
1 red onion (diced)
1 can black beans
1 can white shoepeg corn

Dressing:
1/3 cup sugar*
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil*
1/3 cup red wine vinegar*

*Although the recipe calls for 1/3 cup of each of these, I use 1/4 of a cup, and I still even think it might be too much liquid, so I am still working out the proportions.

Mix the 3 dressing ingredients in a saucepan.  Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until boiling then boil for one minute.  Remove from heat to cool (I usually just stick it in the fridge to speed up the process).

Dice up a green pepper, red pepper, and red onion.  Everything should be as similar in size as possible, so make your dice somewhere between the size of a corn kernel and a bean.  Add the veggies to a bowl: 




How good lookin' is this, right?  I promise, the black beans are in there too. 

Mix all the veggies together.  Pour the cool dressing over it all and mix well.



I find this is best if you make it the day/night before and refrigerate so that the veggies have a chance to soak up the dressing.  The flavors really come out that way.  Serve with tortilla chips (Scoops work well), on tacos, or as a side dish.

Comments

Popular Posts