For Your (Weekend) Consideration

Westport, Labor Day Weekend 2017

I'm looking at this sunset that DT captured over the weekend and thinking how quickly things change.  How quickly a rainy day gives way to the most gorgeous sunset.  How quickly summer fades into fall.  How quickly you wake up and are in your 30s.  Seriously, life - what's with the hurry?

Speaking of, I was looking at the truly devastating photos coming out of St. Martin in the wake of Hurricane Irma and thinking how it feels like we were just there.  I'm heartbroken for that beautiful island and its people.  I'm still researching the best way to help there, but don't forget that people are still recovering from Hurricane Harvey in Houston and still need help.  The Houston Food Bank is a great place to give if you can.

I've been a fan of Rebecca Solnit's writing for a few years now, since I discovered it.  She is smart, observant, and curious about the world and I love that she has become a voice of the resistance.

As Americans, we usually eat our largest meal at dinner.  But what we shouldn't be?  This article championing a large breakfast, followed by a lighter lunch and dinner intrigued me enough to try it out.  I can't really speak to the benefits yet, but I'm certainly eating less late at night.

To get back to a bit of frivolity, these Marni boots are the chicest goddamn things I've ever seen and I need them in my closet immediately.  This navy suede snake-effect Maje pair are a close second.

To my Boston readers - what's your favorite workout studio?  I've tried SoulCycle Beacon Hill, ReCycle, Barre3, and have some credits at B/Spoke, but I want to hear from you.  What do you like, why do you like it, where should I be getting sweaty?  Drop me a note at smartificial.sweetener@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular Posts