For Your (Weekend) Consideration

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  I hope you're able to have a margarita or six today in celebration.  I'm usually a contrarian and have margaritas on St. Paddy's Day and visit an Irish pub on Cinco de Mayo (I hate crowds), but I think I'll have some tequila this year.

In addition to that, we've got a pretty full weekend, with a day trip down to Westport, followed by a Derby party.  So many outfit changes, so little time.

Pineapples & Pearls, April 2017

Dani put together a great cheat sheet for wedding dress codes.  And I totally agree with her attitude of it being better to be overdressed!

By now, I'm sure we've all heard about the insanity that was Fyre Festival, but this essay from an employee really shows that the red flags were flying well before last weekend.

The House narrowly passed an abomination of a health care bill yesterday.  I don't even understand how it can be called a health care bill when what it does is actually take health care away from millions and millions of people.  And if you're a woman?  Pregnancy, rape, post-partum depression, and domestic violence can be considered pre-existing conditions.  That's right - if your partner beats you, it's a pre-existing condition.

Angry?  Good.  Every Republican who voted for this bill should be held accountable.  You can do that by donating to the progressives who will run against them in 2018.

Let's distract ourselves from all that terribleness with shoes.  I bought these in tan and loved them so much that I just bought them in black as well.  And since they're 30% off, I might have to grab them in pink too.

And once I have those in every color, I'll probably start collecting this pair by Sam Edelman.

Here's every look from the 2017 Met Gala.  I wish celebrities went weirder and more avant-garde, especially when the theme is Comme des Garcons!  We're so obsessed with everyone looking good and pretty all the time, that we totally reject anyone who takes a chance and has some fun.  Tracee Ellis Ross was a serious highlight for me.

Comments

Popular Posts