Oscar Sunday

What a weekend.  Friday night was spent at a happy hour with some of DT's coworkers followed by a delicious dinner at Smoke & Barrel.  Pork nachos to die for! After dinner, I called it an early night, watched The Soup, and was asleep by 11.  Saturday was super productive with lots of laundry, some spring cleaning, and a trip to the grocery store.  DT and I made "Vermont" pizza with cheddar cheese, onions, Granny Smith apples, and chicken, watched 48 Hours, and watched Aladdin.  Sunday morning saw our soccer team's semifinal game, which we won! It went to penalty kicks, which was the most nervous I've been in years, but thanks to some great goals and some great saves by our goalie, we squeaked it out.  Celebratory brunch was called for, so we went to Smith Commons.  

Currently DT is re-caulking the bathtub, as you do.  This apparently includes sitting in the tub and vacuuming it.  While rocking out to some tunes.



Meanwhile, I've got brownies in the oven while I sit on the couch in my bathrobe watching the Oscar Red Carpet.  Can't say I think there will be any surprises in terms of the awards.  It's a night for The Artist.  Here's hoping Sacha Baron Cohen does something scandalous. 


Here's some of my early favorite looks:

Getty Photo

Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab looking gorgeous.  Very old Hollywood glamour.  The whole being a model thing doesn't hurt her either.

Getty Photo

The ubiquitous Jessica Chastain wearing a stunning black and gold/copper gown.  I love how it compliments her hair.
WireImage Photo

And damn, Viola Davis is hot.  Her skin just glows.  Her body is also seriously enviable.  That bust line is not easy to pull off, but she rocks it.

Enjoy the show!  I'm pulling for Michael Fassbender and Elizabeth Olsen.  Yes, I know neither of them are nominated.  Snubbed!  Seriously, did you see Shame? And Martha Marcy May Marlene? 


Comments

Popular Posts