What Would Brian Boitano Do?









Vest (similar) and Gloves: LL Bean; Fleece: Marmot (similar); Pants: Banana Republic (similar): Bag: Cole Haan via TJ Maxx (in blue); Scarf: Forever 21 (similar); Headband: J. Crew Factory; Socks: Woolrich via TJ Maxx (similar)

Last Thursday, a big group of us went ice skating at Canal Park.  Ice skating has been on my "Winter in DC" list since I first moved here, but the rink at the Sculpture Garden is always super packed and I knew I wouldn't have enough room for all my sweet moves, so when I heard about this new rink, I was pumped to check it out.

The rink itself is on the smaller side, but the cool part is that it is a huge figure 8, with meandering paths along either side and a more traditional "rink" in the middle.  Also cool is that no one seems to be taking advantage of this yet, so we had the whole place pretty much to ourselves.  

There is a bar and restaurant space that wasn't open while we were there, but I believe opens on the 16th.  it looked very much like a Shake Shack, so I have high hopes for it.  All of the staff was super friendly and they were helping out people who didn't have much skating experience.  The sound system was pretty good too, but I would've liked if we could have plugged in one of our own iPods.  More Ke$ha was needed.

Comments

Popular Posts