Needful Things: The Weekender

In Need: Weekender
Row 1: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5
Row 2: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5
Row 3: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5
Row 4: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

I'm starting a new series over here.  With trying to both whittle down my wardrobe and have everything I need to complete it, I've found some holes in my closet that need to be filled.  Needful things (10 points if you get the reference!).  

Since it's basically summer and I'm traveling constantly, I need a good weekender.  For those weekend trips where I don't want to drag my whole suitcase (which needs to be fixed, must get on that), this is the perfect solution.

Of course, finding a bag that is a) large enough, b) sturdy, c) classic, and d) reasonably priced is proving more difficult than I hoped.  I always pack too many shoes, so I need something that can hold multiple pairs.  This thing is going with me all over the place, so it needs to be able to stand up to a beating.  Nothing too trendy, that's not me or my style.  And finding all that while additionally keeping my wallet happy is a challenge.  

LL Bean Signature makes a great bag (Row 1, #3), but it's a bit more expensive than I'd like ($179).  My front-runners right now are the Le Sport Sac bags (Row 3, 1-4).  Nylon seems like a good choice in terms of durability and I like how basic they are.  I particularly like that they have both handles and a cross-body strap.  

And only because they were having a sale last week, I bought the Lo & Sons Catalina Tote (Row 4, #5) in Dove Gray.  My fear is that it's too small for what I need, but I'm excited to check out its quality.  

If you have any suggestions for weekend bags, duffels, anything you think I might like, drop me a note!  And here's to summer travels!


Comments

Popular Posts