Back in Black

Oh my goodness you guys, I know it's only been two-and-a-half weeks, but it feels like forever!  Between the packing, the job-hunting, the getting my office prepared for my departure, and the traveling, I've had no time to breathe, let alone blog!


So we've got a lot to catch up on!  First - in case you missed it, we're moving to Boston!  Super exciting and super stressful.


I'm in DC for about 3 more weeks and have one trillion things to do before now and then.


Packing is both one of my favorite things to do (organizing! purging! labels!) and the bane of my existence right now.  My apartment is just full of boxes, some full, but most empty.  Since I'm here for a few more weeks, I can't exactly pack up my kitchen, you know?


And then there's job-hunting, which is also really exciting and terrible.  I'm trying to make a bit of a career shift from the executive assistant role to hopefully something more creative, but for every amazing-sounding job I find, I have three doubts - am I qualified for this?  Do I have any relevant experience?  Why don't I know how to code?


And then, because I've been at my current job for almost eight years (holy shit), there's so much here to take care of.  I do the work of 3 people (literally - 2 other people have left while I've been here and instead of hiring replacements, I just took on the work) and am fucking great at what I do, which means that things may or may not collapse when I leave.  So I'm doing my best to prepare everyone so we err on the side of not collapsing.


And then (Dude, Where's My Car? anyone?) I spent this past weekend at an awesome bachelorette party trip in Nashville, which is my new favorite place.  Ok, that's a lie, I think Austin still has my heart, but it was the most fun girls' trip!  I've got some Nashville posts in the works, which I hope you'll enjoy.


Alright, that should bring everyone up to speed.  Hopefully this is the last outfit post for awhile that features a turtleneck, as much as I love them.  Spring is sort of springing in DC and I'm definitely ready for bare legs and even showing off some neck.  Getting real wild.


Dress: Norma Kamali; Boots: Sam Edelman (similar herehere); Bag: Philip Lim for Target (exact); Shades: Ray Ban

Comments

Popular Posts