Anchors Away



Tunic: J. Crew Factory (sold out); Shades: Ray Ban

DT and I spent lots of time driving during vacation, which we never get to do.

Not having a car has that effect on you.

On our first full day, we drove up to Vermont on 89 North, one of my all-time favorite roads.  

It brings me back to college, heading up to see my friends, to start new classes, to read, to learn, to party too much.  

I can't help but smile on that highway.

After the wedding, we took the long, scenic way back south, driving through Smugglers' Notch and Stowe.  

One of my many favorite things about New England is that no matter where you are, there are adorable, picturesque, interesting, quirky towns, full of interesting people and delicious food.

Emphasis on the food.

I took the driver's seat for the trek to Maine, which is so familiar to me at this point I could probably do it with my eyes closed.  

As soon as we took that right past the shuffleboard courts (yes, shuffleboard), I rolled down the windows and inhaled that smell, that Maine smell, that vacation smell.  It's salt, it's sand, it's fish, it's all of those things wrapped up into one and always lets me know that I'm there.

My last full day of vacation, we drove all over Westport, down old country roads next to farmland, horses and cows dotting the way.  

We stopped at an adorable country store for ice cream.  

There was an ancient courthouse being renovated.  

And the houses.  

Oh, the houses. 

 Huge, old farmhouses next to cute little cottages.  

And the obscenely gigantic "beach houses" in the swanky part of town.  

A summer drive is everything.

Feet on the dash, windows down, sunroof open, and not a care in the world. 







Find Me Elsewhere
Twitter        Pinterest        Facebook       Bloglovin' 

Comments

  1. If it has anchors on it, I LOVE it. And these pictures are so cute :)


    Alissa
    FeelingGoodStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a little awkward sitting in that dune grass with beach-goers staring, but I really like how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts