Currently Reading: Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim


David Sedaris is always a comfort to me.  Short, silly, slightly depressing, ridiculous stories are something that he just does well.  And yes, this may be at the expense of his family at times.

I've read Me Talk Pretty One Day and Holidays on Ice more times than I can count, so I was looking forward to this book that I found at a random pop-up bookstore downtown for $2.  (Sidebar:  I had to leave that store after 15 minutes and 7 books or else the serious discounts weren't even going to matter.  I was seriously grabbing anything and everything.)

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim was not as enjoyable for me as the other two essay collections.  I can't quite say why.  The elements are all the same, the humor is there, and all of the quirkiness remains, but something about this book just fell flat for me.

However, it hasn't turned me off of Sedaris and I am planning on checking out his new collection, Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls.



Comments

Popular Posts