Primary Colors




Shirt: Land's End; Shorts: Forever 21 (similar); Bag: Longchamp; Shoes: Sam Edelman via Nordstrom; Necklace: Very Jane (Etsy version); Shades: Ray Ban

Despite staying in Friday night and sleeping a glorious and necessary 15 hours, I still managed to have an incredibly busy weekend.

Saturday morning I was up fairly early on my own, so I plopped myself on the couch to paint my nails and watch Save the Date.  Overall, I liked the movie (big Lizzy Kaplan fan), but there were a few really uncomfortable scenes.  Cringe-worthy embarrassing scenes really.

After that, we were off to win our soccer game.  Mission accomplished.  

And then it was time to brave the rain and head to the H Street Festival.  We lucked out and landed under a tent at Sticky Rice, which kept us dry and was a prime location for people-watching.

We hopped over to Living Social for the Penguin Prison concert, which was super fun and dance-y.  I've got an awesome new band you all should check out called Betty Who.  She just got signed and she's going places.

Sundays are meant for brunching and that's what we did, eating at The Argonaut, which continues to be my favorite patio in the city, and then heading over to Bardo Brewpub for some cornhole and beers.

And of course, I watched the Emmy Awards last night.  The show was... confusing?  I'm still not sure why the choreography category took a solid 8 minutes of time just to see Derek Hough win, but yet none of the winners could speak for more than 10 seconds without getting played off.

Tony Hale winning for Veep (and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss's win with him following her up on stage) and Michael Douglas's speech were definite highlights for me.  

Lowlights?  Modern Family beating out 30 Rock, Girls, Louie, and Veep, along with Mad Men, yet again, being denied an acting award.  




Find Me Elsewhere
Twitter        Pinterest        Facebook       Bloglovin' 



Comments

Popular Posts