For Your (Weekend) Consideration

Finally, a weekend at home in DC!  

After being away for the past 3 weekends, I'm very much looking forward to a low-key weekend at home.  Traveling is great, but I'm in need of a break.

On the agenda?  Sleeping in, working out, trying the new coffeehouse that just opened up on our block, possibly getting together with one of my oldest friends.  Other than that, I have no plans and could not be happier about it.

Westport, July 2015

Garance Dore writes one of my favorite blogs.  Her post on female friendship (inspired by T. Swift & gang) really made me think about how to be a better friend to my own lady posse.

What happens when Harry Potter is your office's receptionist?  Check out my pal Steph at the :56 mark!

Women do incredible amounts of work for little or no pay.  Think housework, charity work, volunteer work, child care, plus all those hours at our day jobs that we aren't getting paid for as much as our male counterparts.  Here's a new one to add to the list: emotional labor.

Oh, the ever-growing popularity of the tiny house.  Here are some questions for all you tiny house dwellers.

I love sports.  I love Joel McHale.  Watch his opening monologue from the ESPYs.

There has been lots of chatter lately about the way that women speak.  We apologize too much, we have vocal fry, we up-speak, and now we're using "just" too much.  What if we stopped policing how women talk?

This beach dress is everything.

Have a great weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts