Marmot Montreaux Down Coat

When I was prepping this post, it was over 70 degrees and it seemed a little silly to be posting these "snow" photos, but since this weekend was cold and gross, it doesn't seem so out of place.  Also, I have to talk to you about this coat.


This glorious, glorious coat.



This coat saved my life this winter.  When I moved to DC years (and years) ago, I left my down coats at home in Boston.  After all, I had lived in New England, went to college in the tundras of Vermont!  The mid-Atlantic was going to be downright mild all year round.  I was... wrong.


After a few winters down here, I buckled and decided I needed a down coat.  While Canada Goose is all the rage and I'm sure super warm, I couldn't spend a month's rent on one coat.  Marmot to the rescue!  I debated between this Montreaux coat and the Montreal version, but ultimately opted for the Montreaux.  It's been amazing.  Perfectly warm and cozy, and even downright toasty at times, it's saved me during cold mornings and colder nights.


And of course, it pairs well with Bean boots!


I couldn't be happier with my purchase - can't you tell?

Coat: Marmot; Leggings: Zella; Boots: LL Bean; Socks: similar; Mittens: Old Navy; Crossbody: Cole Haan (similar); Shades: Kenneth Cole Reaction (similar)

Comments

Popular Posts