Recent Purchases

Good morning!  I'm currently heading to Westport for a long weekend on the beach, something I have not gotten nearly enough of this summer.  Even though I'm soaking up all the August I can, here's some fall shopping to get you excited about the impending seasonal change.

Recent Purchases
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7

Alice & Olivia Fey Chunky-Knit Turtleneck Sweater - Back when everyone was shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, I was shopping The Outnet's final clearance.  There were some serious deals to be had, like this thick, chunky, turtleneck sweater from Alice & Olivia.  It meets all my sweater criteria and was 85% off retail.  Sold.  Result: Kept. (Sold out - similar here.)

Amsale Alyce Illusion V-Neck Pleat Tulle Gown - Long story short, this might be my wedding party dress.  It's way more bridal than I was originally thinking, but it fits like a dream and is really, really pretty.  Result: Kept.

Milly Chain-Print Triangle Bikini (and Bottoms) - Things I learned from this bathing suit - Milly runs small.  Seriously small.  This bikini barely gave me any coverage.  So little in fact, that it may have been illegal to wear in public in several states.  That said, if it were available in larger sizes, I would have sized up.  The quality of the material was great and I really liked the navy & white chain print.  Result: Returned. (Top available here, bottoms here.)

Helmut Lang Wool Top - More from The Outnet clearance.  Now, here (and on the site) this is clearly a crewneck top.  However, the top I received is very much a turtleneck.  We all know I never met a turtleneck I didn't like, so that wasn't a problem for me, but it is a little disconcerting that a final sale item would be drastically different in person than it was as shown.  Anyway, it's sheer, wool, and a great layering piece.  Result: Kept. (Sold out - similar here.)

Kenneth Jay Lane Gold-Plated Tassel Earrings - You need hot pink tassel earrings in your life.  I know I did.  These are slightly absurd, but really fun and I think I'm going to get a LOT of wear out of them.  Result: Kept. (Gone from The Outnet, but available at Shopbop.)

Helmut Lang Cotton-Blend Boucle-Knit Sweater - And the last of the clearance finds.  I love a good oversized sweater and this one is ideal.  A chunky black & white knit can almost never go wrong.  This is nice and thick and will keep me warm all winter.  Result: Kept. (Sold out - similar here or here.)

M. Gemi The Latteo - M. Gemi is a new-ish shoe brand, but they've made a huge splash and with good cause.  They are making gorgeous Italian shoes for really reasonable prices.  When they had a sale recently, I grabbed these for my wedding.  While the heel is higher than I usually go, they are incredibly comfortable and haven't given me any problems while I've been dancing around my living room to break them in.  Result: Kept.

Comments

Popular Posts