This House is Falling Apart






Sweater and Shorts: J. Crew, Belt: Banana Republic, Shoes: Sperry, Bag: Vintage Dooney & Bourke, Necklace: Forever 21, Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

Why do weekends feel so short?  I was just starting to feel relaxed when all of a sudden, it was Sunday night and Monday was looming in front of me.  I spent a quiet Friday night by myself watching Cedar Rapids (funny, but too many gross jokes) and going to bed early.  Spring soccer started Saturday morning and despite some serious delays because of all the road closures, most of the team made it.  We lost 1-0, which is a bummer, but it's only the first game.  Afterwards, I headed up to College Park to meet up with DT and his aunt, uncle, and cousin who were there for the cousin's lacrosse game.  I missed the game, but made it for the post-game tailgate, which was awesome.  Plenty of food, beer, and sun.  It was March 17th and I had my 3rd sunburn of the year.  Something seems wrong with that. 

After a quick stop at home, we were back out to celebrate St. Paddy's.  We spent a good part of the night at Touchdown on U Street watching basketball, and ended the night at my favorite dance party, Fatback.  Sunday was a recovery day, but we managed to get outside in the late afternoon to go for a walk and then just relax in the park.  It's so wonderful to just sit on a blanket, reading and people-watching.  Almost as if winter never even happened.   

Comments

Popular Posts