Four on Thursday

Is this week flying by for anyone else?  Thursday just seems to have snuck up on me.  In fun news, we had a Girls' Night In clothing swap last night, at which I made out like a bandit.  I had done a big purge of my closet about a month ago, so unfortunately there wasn't much for me to contribute (but my two dresses did find new homes!).  I was lucky enough to snag a brand-new, never worn Dorothy Perkins dress that is perfect for work, a really fun, light, backless dress (that I will need to find appropriate undergarments for, any advice?), and a super cute plaid button-up shirt dress.  Got rid of two things, gained three.  That'll do pig, that'll do.

1

H&M Dress, $49.95

Yesterday, Refinery 29 had a great article about what fall pieces you should be on the lookout for, and one of them was the ladylike lace dress.  Mission accomplished.  This dress is the traditional sheath in the more modern sexy lace fabric.  The lace is a larger pattern, almost giving is a baroque feel.  Is it fall yet? 

2

Forever 21 Floral Panel Skirt, $14.80

Black and white looks seem like they'll be big this fall too (see J. Crew Looks We Love #5) and this skirt is the perfect price to try it out.  Personally, I don't think this skirt would be flattering on me because I tend to get overwhelmed by big patterns like this, but I'm still tempted to try it on and see.  Also, I never see anything at Forever 21 in a length this long.  Are they growing up? 

3

J. Crew Archipelago Bracelet, $78

Love, love, love J. Crew's newest jewelry arrivals and this bracelet is certainly near the top of the list.  The different size and color stones are gorgeous, and it feels like a more grown-up version of dressing up.  Maybe layer this with some thinner bangles or a chunky watch.  After it goes on sale of course.

4

Old Navy Cap-Toe Ballet Flats, on sale $22

This has been the Summer Year of the Wedge for my friends and I because we make ridiculous proclamations like that, but I for one am looking forward to more flats in my life.  They're easy to commute in, can be worn at the office all day while still looking professional, and can pair with some skinny jeans for a night out.  Cap-toed is still one of my favorite styles, and these Old Navy ones are killer.


Comments

Popular Posts