I'm a Little Bit Country




Shirt: J. Crew (similar); Blazer: Anthropologie (similar); Skirt: Lands End Canvas; Sandals: Jack Rogers; Shades: Ray Ban

Tylenol PM makes my Sunday night sleep blissful, but my Monday mornings extra drowsy.  Quick weekend recap:

Friday night:  Olympic opening ceremonies!  I thought it was an incredibly cool idea, but I don't know if it translated well.  The whole movement from pastoral into the industrial revolution was one of the coolest, and simultaneously most boring, things I've ever seen.  The Frankie and June bit was really fun to watch.  Unfortunately, the Mary Poppins vs. Voldemort showdown wasn't quite as awesome as I was hoping it would be.

Saturday:  Up early running errands for a pool party that never happened.  Spent the day by the pool anyway, had a quick cookout at our place, and then headed to RFK to watch DC United play a friendly against Paris Saint-Germain.  We got to see Ibrahimovic's PSG debut and an amazing goal from him, plus DC United came back to make it a 1-1 draw.

Sunday: HPBC at Masa 14.  Deeeeelicious.  Our waitress was awesome and kept the food and drink refills coming.  I think we may have eaten everything on the menu.  Highlights for me include the beef and pork meatballs, the mushroom flatbread, and the pan dulce.  Home to digest and laze about, watching some Olympics, Weeds, Dexter, and True Blood.   


Comments

Popular Posts