Currently Reading: Glamorama


I just started Part 2 of this novel and it is equal parts terribly awesome and awesomely terrible.  That is also my usual sentiment with Bret Easton Ellis - I love it and loathe it at the same time.  Part 1 was a bit stale for me.  Too much name-dropping, club kid, "quasi-famous", actor/model vs. model/actor going on.  I understand that that was the point, but it was so heavy handed it almost lost its meaning.  The end got very interesting with a twist I should've seen coming, but didn't.  No spoilers, but it essentially opened up a whole new aspect of the story that blurs the line between fiction and reality, which just so happens to be one of my favorite topics.  Now that we're into that, I'm looking forward to the second half of the book.

PS.  I got a Twitter account! Welcome to 2007.  Follow me @Smartificial_




RIP JFL

Comments

Popular Posts