Fifty Shades of Green






Blazer and Earrings: Nordstrom (both old); Sweater: J. Crew; Button-up: Old Navy; Pants and Necklace (similar): Forever 21; Bag: Vintage Dooney & Bourke (swap); Shoes: Tahari (from Marshalls); Shades: Ray Ban


Happy Veterans' Day!  I'm at work, but having a short week because I fly home on Thursday night for 10 days of weddings and turkey and family and amazingness.  This week most likely will be less than productive because I'm so excited and cannot wait to get to Boston.

This was a good last weekend in DC before the holiday though.  Friday night a bunch of us went to Trusty's for T's "not a birthday" birthday celebration.  People have been busy with school, or away campaigning, so it was the first time we had all been together in far too long.  

Saturday I got up early to go to yoga, wandered around Eastern Market with DT, sat in the park to people watch, and generally had a great day.  The weather was amazing, it almost felt like spring.  That night, I went out to dinner with the girls at Le Grenier, for what we all thought was just a "Hey, we're all back in town" get together, but then J surprised us all by asking us to be her bridesmaids!  It was incredibly sweet and I'm excited to help her with any wedding stuff she needs.  This is my first time being a bridesmaid as an adult (an awkward 14-year old version of me was one a looong time ago) so I'm looking forward to it!

After dinner, we went back home to meet up with the boys, who were, surprise surprise, drinking whiskey and playing FIFA.  A few of us went out to the bars on H Street, meeting up with some other friends and we ended the night with a big dance circle at Little Miss Whiskeys and some pretty fabulous dance moves.

Sunday was laziness perfected.  We slept in, ate bagels, took a quick walk for blog photos, and then DT's cousin came over for some quality time.  I spent the evening cleaning out my closet, mentally preparing to pack for the trip home.  Before I knew it, it was time for Sunday night tv with The Walking Dead and Homeland.  And here we are.

Comments

Popular Posts