Neon Trees







Sweater: Gap (old); Shirt: J. Crew (borrowed from mom); Cords: Free People via Nordstrom (similar); Flats: Tahari via Marshalls (old); Bag: Cole Haan via TJ Maxx (similar); Shades: Ray Ban

Aka my hipster in the woods photo shoot.

After a few good nights' sleep, I am fully settled back into my DC life.  Last night I finished unpacking, reorganized my closet to properly fit my new purchases, made a delicious dinner, and caught up on some tv I missed over my mini-vacation (American Horror Story and Top Chef).

I'm reading a new book right now (more on that tomorrow), but it really has me thinking about my professional future.  The time is right for me to take on new challenges.  My resume is being constantly updated and tweaked, but it still feels incomplete.  I'd like to get into some freelance writing of some sort and start to build a portfolio.

When I was home, my mom had found and started organizing so many of my papers and notes from my childhood.  I think I was born a writer.  Not necessarily a good one, but definitely some type of writer.  Whenever I was mad or upset with my parents, I would leave them passive-aggressive notes.  It's always been my go-to form of communication.  Time to do something with it.

Comments

Popular Posts