I'm Only Happy When It Rains






Trench: Gap (current version); Jeans: DL1961 via Rue La La; Rainboots: Sperry (sold out); Bag; Vintage Dooney & Bourke; Umbrella: Gina and May via Fab

This weekend was nice and quiet and low-key.  Friday night I stayed in and was in bed by 10pm.  A long short week will do that to you.

Saturday was gray and dreary, but DT and I decided to go for a walk down to Yards Park.  The park is gorgeous, right on the water in SE next to the ballpark, and due to the weather, we were essentially the only ones there.  We wandered around the neighborhood, checking out all of the construction happening and the amazing restaurants and bars to come.  That whole area is going to blow up in the next few years.

That night, we belatedly celebrated our five year anniversary by going to one of our standbys, Bistro Cacao. There was wine, calamari, filet for DT and scallops for me, plus I talked him into getting the poached pear for desert which was incredibly delicious.  Five years is a long time, and it feels both like forever and brand new.  We must be doing something right.

Sunday was lazy and full of food.  I made some almond poppy-seed poundcake and pulled out the slow cooker for sauce and meatballs.  We FINALLY finished all five seasons of The Wire, so now there is a gaping hole in my life that needs to be filled by...a new show.  I'm thinking Deadwood.  Any other suggestions?

And then I crawled into bed and watched all 11 hours of the Oscars.  On the whole, I thought it was terrible and too long, but Jennifer Lawrence's fall (and recovery) and Daniel Day Lewis's speech made it almost worth staying up.  And Adele is totally going to EGOT, am I right?  

Comments

Popular Posts