Here Comes the Bride(smaid)

Due to an epic day of soccer on Saturday, followed by an incredibly sore-legged Sunday, there were no outfit photos taken this weekend.  

What to blog about then?

Well, I told you awhile back that my friend J graciously asked me to be a bridesmaid in her upcoming wedding.  And because she is awesome and amazing and so laid-back about the whole process, she is letting us choose our own dresses.

She wants different shades of purple, nothing taffeta, and no long lengths.

My preference is for something in a light material (it's an August wedding) and nothing strapless.  The last thing I want to worry about is having to keep pulling up my dress all day and night.

Here's what I've found so far and what I'm thinking about. 

Suggestions are very welcome and if you've found any gorgeous, purple dresses lately, feel free to send them my way!

1
Maggy London Side Bow Stretch Satin Sheath Dress in Bordeaux, $128

This is my front-runner right now.  I love the deep wine color, the v-neck, and I'm a sucker for a good bow.

2
Donna Morgan Jackie Rushed Chiffon Dress in Lilac Bloom, $119.26

This dress is also very much on my radar because I love the airiness of the lilac color.

3
J. Crew Maren Dress in Cotton Cady in Bright Hydrangea, $235

J. Crew makes a bazillion bridesmaid dresses and they fly off the shelves with good reason.  I love the color of this, but my concern is with the neckline and what type of bra I would need to wear.

4
Jennie Yoo Convertible Shantung Dress, $295

Obsessed with the dress.  Not so much with the price.

5
J. Crew Heidi Dress in Silk Chiffon in Spiced Wine, $250

I can see myself twirling in this one.  That flowy skirt is dying for a good twirl, right?



Comments

Popular Posts