For Your (Weekend) Consideration

Happy New Year!


An open office space is my nightmare.  I'm not alone.

The NYPD isn't doing themselves any favors right now.

Related: a great look at de Blasio and Bratton and their relationship.

The best long reads of 2014.

DT told me this before Christmas and even though it sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory, there are apparently many people who think North Korea wasn't responsible for the Sony hack.

Books are often banned under the guise of "protecting" people, but the practice truly stems from a war against intellectualism.

Unbroken is on my list of books to read (and movies to see).  Here is an amazing profile of author Laura Hillenbrand.

This story of NORAD's Santa Tracker's unlikely beginning is just wonderful.

Also, I watched The Theory of Everything last night and it was impossibly beautiful.  Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones are flawless in their portrayals of Stephen Hawking and his wife, Jane.  If you're looking for something to see this weekend, I highly recommend it.




Comments

  1. I loved that piece on Hillenbrand. can I tell you a secret? I saw Unbroken last week and I didn't like it - not because it's not well done (kudos to Angelina) but it was 2 hours of torture and 20 min of inspiration. I haven't read the book but I understand the basic story and I was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I haven't read the book yet, but a friend just dropped it off for me. I'm excited to read it, and probably watch the movie when it shows up on Netflix. I've heard similar criticisms of the movie, mostly along the lines of it being more "Broken" than "Unbroken".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts