Needful Things: The Trench Coat

Labor Day Weekend was magical and everything that I wanted it to be, so of course, all things blog-related fell to the wayside.  I'm also traveling every weekend of September.  Things may get a little hectic and life in blogland may suffer because of it.  That said, I've got some great content planned and hopefully it will all come together.  For now, let's jump right into fall and into filling the holes in the wardrobe.

Needful Things: The Trench
Row 1: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5
Row 2: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

I'm turning 30 in a month and somehow don't have a solid trench coat in my closet.  Unacceptable!

What I do have is 1) a trench coat that is not actually water resistant; 2) a great quality trench coat that is 2 sizes too big; and 3) an anorak that is awesome, but not exactly professional-looking.

None of these work for my current needs.  

What are my current needs?  A coat that is actually water-proof (or water-repellant I suppose).  Double-breasted is high on the list, but not completely necessary.  And I want a darker shade on the khaki spectrum.

Now, we all know that Burberry makes the best trenches, but I'm not about to spent $800+ on a coat.  Or am I?  It's so pretty (Row 2, #5).

I'm partial to the London Fog brand because their quality is great and their prices are much more reasonable, especially when they are on sale.  

The longer length (Row 1, #4) appeals to me because there's nothing worse than wet denim.  But how much coat is too much coat?

The quilted detail (Row 1, #2) is cute, but don't know if that works as well in the spring as it would in the fall/winter.

What's your favorite?  Where is your trench coat from?  Tell me your secrets!

.




Comments

Popular Posts