Summer Essentials

I realize that I probably should have done this post, I don't know, before Labor Day.  However, my summer essentials will most likely bleed into fall, so let's just pretend that I'm a super organized, super professional blogger and that this was my plan all along.

From left to right:

Now, I don't really consider myself a "product person", but writing this post and looking at all the stuff that has accumulated on top of my dresser has made me think otherwise.  

 I don't actually buy most products, which is why I don't feel like I'm a product person.  Almost all of the stuff I'm going to gush about in this post either came from my Ipsy subscription, my Honest bundle, or Influenster.  It's a cheat that way.


Let's do this.

Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist - Summer is hot and sweaty and sticky and sometimes you want to stick your head in the sink to cool off.  This is like the acceptable way to do that.  I like to keep it in the fridge so it's extra cold and then just spray away on my face.  

Honest Deodorant - I don't really worry about whether my deodorant is natural or not, but what I do worry about is smelling like a barnyard animal.  This deodorant seriously works wonders on the odor issue.  Since I've started using it, I haven't had a single instance of that "ooh, I can smell myself" feeling.  Also, I like that it's a spray, even though it hurts like a mother if you put it on right after shaving your underarms.  You've been warned.

Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe Lotion - This is the perfect everyday moisturizer.  I slather it on after my showers, it smells good, and my skin stays supple for hours.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray - My hair dries pretty wavy normally, but I like to add this for a bit of extra oomph and because it's the greatest smelling thing ever.  It smells exactly like sunscreen and sunshine and salt air.  I also have Kerastase's Spray a Porter, but I like this one better.

Yarok Feed Your Roots Mousse - This is the only product here that I actually bought in a store, so you know it's a good one.  If you haven't been to Follain at Union Market yet, stop what you're doing and go.  The women there are incredibly nice and knowledgeble about what they're selling.  I needed something to boost my volume when the humidity was giving me flatness and this mousse is perfect.  It smells yummy and even though it is a bit crunchy when it first goes on, it dries to a silky texture.

The Organic Pharmacy Double Rose Rejuvenating Face Cream - So the thing about this face cream is that I hate hate hate how it smells, but it makes my skin so hydrated and dewy that I can't get rid of it.  Rose is not a scent that I'm into, but I am into products that do what they say they will.  And my face is seriously rejuvenated after using this.  I especially like to use it after I've gotten a bit too much sun.

Parlor by Jeffrey Chastain Detangling Leave-In Conditioner - Every once in awhile, your regular shampoo and conditioner routine doesn't cut it.  That's where leave-in conditioner comes in.  I actually like to use this after I've jumped in the pool.  I have no idea if it actually does anything to counteract the chlorine damage, but it leaves me tangle free and that's enough.

Honest Organic Body Oil - Oils are all the rage or at least that's what the internets tell me.  I've dabbled in the face oils and the hair oils, but this body oil is the true winner in my book.  I slather this on when my skin is feeling particularly dry.  Fresh out of the shower, still a little damp, add this stuff and watch your skin just glow with moisturization.

EVA NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask - When my hair is extra thirsty, I throw this on it.  A few minutes in the shower, rinse it out, and my hair is soft again.  I use it as a "mask" once a week or so.  The packaging is killer.










Comments

Popular Posts