Needful Things: The Birthday Dress

1 // 2 // 3
4 // 5 // 6
7 // 8 // 9

This past Sunday was my birthday and I turned the big 3-0.  

30.

Damn.

For whatever reason, the idea of turning 30 didn't bother me.  25 was a big deal, I think partly because that was the age my mom was when she had me.  That concept threw me for a loop.

But 30 feels good.  I'm the most confident I've ever been.  While I may not be checking off those boxes you're "supposed to" check off in adulthood, my life is great.  I've got a wonderful family, great friends all over the place, and an awesome partner to do it all with.  30 is good.

All that said, my biggest dilemma over the big day was what the hell to wear to my birthday party.  I wanted something fun, something that yelled, "30, flirty, and thriving!".  But I also wanted something classic, something me.  There was some serious back and forth, adding to bag, moving to wishlist.  Finally, I made my decision and after some minor tailoring, I'm really happy with the end result.

Which dress did I choose?  

Well, you'll just have to wait for the outfit post to find out.

Comments

Popular Posts