Maxxinista

I'm late to the game, but I did stop at the new TJ Maxx store in Metro Center on its opening day the other week.  It was a bit overwhelming because it was super crowded and enormous.  I didn't want to wait in the long lines, so I didn't try anything on, but I did wander through all of the sections and do some perusing.  Truth be told, I am more of a Marshall's fan than of TJ's, but this was a totally different experience than what I'm used to.  There was a 'Runway" section, filled with high end designer duds.  And yes, I know its like 80% off of retail price, but damn, I can't spend $1100 on a dress just because its Valentino.  However, I know a lot of women in DC can do that, so this is certainly the place to check out.  I saw Valentino, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade, Nanette Lepore, Prada, and Jimmy Choo.  Not too shabby.

Everything was organized really well, which surprised me since I didn't make it over there until about 6:30pm.  Here's hoping it stays that way.  In terms of purchases, I bought some more awesome fabric hangers to replace my chunky white plastic ones.  They really do make a huge difference in terms of closet space (a thing I am always in need of).  This clutch also caught my eye and since I wanted something similar to bring to Foxfield, I bought it.  For only $20, this will easily become a summer staple.



Have you been yet?

Comments

Popular Posts