Four on Thursday

Oh, August, I never know how to handle you.  On one hand, you're the epitome of summer with your bright, sunny days and your warm nights.  On the other, you are the first sure sign of fall creeping up on me.  Now that I'm an adult and don't get to look forward to going back to school, August is an even more bizarre month.  August used to be the last hurrah before it was time to shop for school supplies.  August was when college welcomed me back with open arms.  But now?  August is another month I cling to and hope will never leave, because the end of August means the end of summer, and I for one, am not prepared to deal with that yet. 

1

Victoria's Secret Must-Have Maxi Dress, on clearance $19.99

I haven't embraced the maxi dress trend yet, but if I were going to, this dress would be my starting point.  The fabric is a soft jersey that clings to all the right places.  It comes in six colors, all of which are easy to transition from summer into fall.  Plus the little tie belt helps accentuate the waist.  I dare you to find me something better for $20.

2

Forever21 Longline Utility Jacket, $34.80

There has been lots of camo popping up when people talk about fall trends.  Camo is a bit much for me, but I do like a military inspired look, so a jacket like this may be in the cards.  This version has some good details, like the large collar, cargo style pockets, and the tie belt.  It's chic enough for throwing on with some skinny jeans and flats to run around over the weekend.

3

Pim & Larkin Striped Tie Skirt, on sale $21.99

Never gonna give you up.  I'm talking about stripes, clearly.  And yes, I do believe you just got Rick Rolled.  I digress.  This skirt is cute, fun, flirty, and perfect for warm weather.  The different colors and sizes of the stripes adds some interest to it.  And apparently I am all about the tie this week, because this has one too. 

4

French Connection Skinny Waist Belt in Pony Hair, on sale $19.88

Now this is fall.  When fall rolls in, I usually like to mix up my textures.  Denim, corduroy, tweed, leather.  This belt is great for that because of the pony hair, which is fun and a little unexpected.  The orange color is also great for fall and will add that quintessential pop of color (are you as sick of that phrase as I am?) to your ensemble.


Comments

Popular Posts