Want a Little Cheese with that Whine?


Dress: Clothing Swap; Bangles (similar) and Sandals (similar): Forever 21; Necklace: Vintage; Shades: Ray Ban; Nails (from left to right): Forever 21/Rimmel London/Revlon/Rimmel London/Rimmel London

Summer is winding down.  Well, at least my summer in DC is.  Only two more weekends here before the great trek to New England for ten glorious days.  This past weekend was pretty lowkey, which was nice and relaxing.  Friday night I was stuck at work late, which is just idiotic for a Friday in August.  Due to my annoyance with that, I decided to de-stress myself with a little shopping, which ended up being smart because I bought a dress for one of the four weddings I'm going to next summer.  Yes, I bought a dress for an event that is over a year away.  What can I say?  I'm a planner.  After that great purchase, I headed home for a quick run, take-out dinner, and an early bedtime. 

Saturday morning I was up at an ungodly hour (we're talking before 8am) and out for another run, trying to get back into workout mode.  I usually get into a good stretch of working out March through May, but then it's summer and it's too hot and I'm too busy and next thing I know, it's August and I feel out of shape again even though there's still a solid month of prime bikini time.  Sooo I'm trying to break those bad habits and just work out all the time, regardless of the season.  Post-run I got my girly on, painting my nails several different shades of purple (trying to get some sort of ombre effect, which was unsuccessful, but I like it anyway) while watching men's Olympic soccer games.  Some pool time was necessary after that strenuous morning.  That night I went out with a friend to meet some of her college friends at Dickson Wine Bar, which turned into a Nellie's trip.  Cue the dance party!

Sunday was a recovery day, with not much happening except a quick trip to Crepes on the Corner and lots and lots of tv and movie watching.  I finally watched Blue Valentine and holy shit, I felt totally depleted afterwards.  If you're in the mood to watch a movie and be completely heartbroken by it, this is for you.  I mean that in the best possible way.  Isn't that the point of film?  To make you feel something, good or bad?  Those are my favorites, anyway.  Or a really poorly done horror movie.  They're essentially the same thing, right?        






Comments

Popular Posts