Fall-ing



Blazer: Anthropologie (similar); Shirt: Land's End (similar); Skirt: J. Crew; Shoes: Tahari (similar); Belt: Forever21 (similar); Earrings: Nordstrom (similar); Shades: Ray Ban

Has anyone else just completely checked out?  These dog days of summer are killing me.  I need to be on a beach, reading a book.  Until I make that fantasy a reality (11 days!), we've been making due here in DC.  Friday night was quiet with some drinks with the boys followed by a totally necessary 12 hours of sleep.  

Saturday, DT and I headed over to Trillectro because I had won tickets from the Going Out Gurus.  We had no idea what to expect, and the door was so disorganized that they ended up giving us VIP Media tickets.  VIP status, free drinks, and an awesome view of the stage.  We stayed for a few hours, did some people-watching, heard some good music and some not so good music, but it was a really fun, unexpected time.  I decided we should get some food in us before we got back on our bikes (I did Capital Bikeshare for the first time and it was awesome) so we grabbed a quick dinner at Justin's Cafe before heading home to have more drinks with more boys.

DT's cousin came over on Sunday to hang out at the pool, so we grilled some burgers and dogs, drank some beers, and did some swimming.  It was a perfect end to a great weekend.  Only one more summer weekend in DC! Can't believe how fast it went by. 

Other notes: Freefest's lineup was announced this morning.  Not as good as last year, but it still sounds like a good time.  ZZ Top?  Don't mind if I do. 

Also, I've got a wedding to go to in November.  Two of my favorite people in the world tying the knot, plus most of my abroad friends together for the first time since 2007 or so.  What do I wear to a November wedding?

Comments

  1. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on lavieenrose.blog8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately

    like me - https://www.facebook.com/lavieenrose.blog8

    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucia! You are so sweet. Your blog is adorable. I will definitely follow you on my Google Reader. Have a great day!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts