Burgundy Birthday Brunch






Sweater: Ann Taylor (old); Tank: Old Navy (so so old); Cords: Free People; Booties: LL Bean (last season); Bag: Cole Haan (from TJ Maxx); Shades: Ray Ban

Holy birthday weekend, Batman!  So many activities, so little time.  Thursday night, DT took me out for a birthday dinner at Cava Mezze, a restaurant that I've been wanting to try forever, and it did not disappoint.  The cocktails were different and delicious (cucumber jalapeno margarita, yes please), the food was really good, and we got to catch the Nats' walk-off home run to send them into Game 5 (which shall not be spoken of).  Afterwards, we headed home to do the most DC thing possible, watch the Vice Presidential debate.

Friday night we were both lazy after a long work week, so we decided to order pizza and watch movies.  The Innkeepers was a fun horror movie, but took a long time to get going.  Haywire was action-packed right from the get go and I don't hate watching Michael Fassbender.  Saturday I got up early to do some things around the apartment before heading to our soccer game.  After a ridiculous delay waiting for a pee-wee football game to end, we finally started our game an hour late.  We ended up tying 1-1, which was a bummer, but still better than a loss.  That night, one of our teammates was having a fall-themed party, and we headed there for whiskey cider, mulled wine, and pumpkin cake.

Sunday morning was my birthday brunch!  I wanted to be comfortable and cozy, hence the cords and cowlneck.  A few of my friends dressed nautically in my honor, so my stripe and anchor addiction has clearly become a problem!  It's hard trying to get all your friends together with people being back in school, working, soccering, etc, so Sunday brunch was my best option.  Everyone was able to come, which was awesome.  I decided on Lavagna, another place I've been wanting to go but just haven't made it to yet, and it was perfect.  It was relatively quiet so we were taken care of.  Bottomless mimosas, ridiculously good pasta, and yummy omelets kept everyone happy.  After brunch, M and I wandered around Eastern Market catching up for a bit.  The day ended up being really warm and sunny and the perfect way to end all my birthday festivities.  Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate!  

Comments

Popular Posts