Friday's Fancies: Boo-tiful

Halloween was always one of my favorite holidays as a kid.  Although growing up in New England, you never knew how your costume was going to play out, like the year temperatures were almost below freezing and I had to wear a down jacket over my mermaid costume.  

Never has a mermaid cried so much.

There was also the approximately 10 year period where I went as a vampire, which I attribute to too many re-readings of Salem's Lot and also some of those sexy Christopher Pike vampire novels that I should not have been reading as an 8 year old.

Then high school and college hits, where, by law, girls are required to take a totally innocent idea and turn up the sexpot on it ("Duh, I'm a mouse!").  "Cute Cowgirl" and "Military Mama" might have happened.  I apologize to all cow-related people and military personnel.  

Friday's Fancies: Boo-tiful

Friday's Fancies: Boo-tiful by smartificial featuring halloween home decor

Now that I'm old enough to know better, a classic costume will suffice.  I'm not sharing my real costume here, because it is epic and I hope to share pictures next week, but if I had planned ahead, I might have gone with something like this.

I've been watching American Horror Story: Coven and it's amazing, as AHS usually is.  Witches are great due to their being powerful and not taking crap from anyone.  I'd class it up with a long dress (no "Sexy Witch" here), black lace details, and vamp makeup.  And maybe trade out that broomstick for a parasol.

Happy Halloweekend!





Find Me Elsewhere



Comments

Popular Posts