eShakti Dress Review




Dress: eShakti c/o; Heels: Plomo via MyHabit (grey here); Clutch: Kate Spade (similar); Necklace: Enise; Shades: Ray Ban

When I used to think about how this blog would blow up and I would become Internet-famous and brands would be dying to work with me, I always played it cool and thought I would only work with brands and companies that I truly loved, that I already was a customer of.  And then eShakti got in touch with me and offered me a free dress and I threw all of that out the window to totally sell out.

I knooooow.

But really, I'm not that cool.  Free clothes are great AND they let me choose my own piece to review.

eShakti is a brand that I was aware of and checked out a few times, but had never bought from before.  The great thing about them is that they offer customization in both sizing and styling.  This really appealed to me because I'm always saying, "I love this but wish it was longer/shorter/a different color/etc".  Having some creative control sounded awesome.

eShakti has a lot of prints, which are not my personal style, but they also had this gorgeous little black dress and I can never have too many of those in my closet.  I stayed with the regular garment sizing and chose to do my customization in the style department, adding a slightly longer sleeve and a longer hemline.  And I kept the pockets because duh, every dress should have pockets.

My dress arrived in less than a week.  That was amazing because I'm impatient.  When I tried it on, the fit was a little snugger in the bust than I would have liked, but I had gone with my usual size and that is a problem that I sometimes have.  Other than that one small issue, I was happy with the shape and the fit of the dress.  The sweetheart neckline and the longer hemline were the perfect ladylike details that I was looking for.

As for the quality, the material is a bit on the flimsy side and is unlined.  I happen to be an elderly woman, so I just pulled on one of my many slips, but I really prefer for dresses to be lined as it takes that extra step out of the equation.  The material is a cotton poplin, so this is most definitely a warm weather dress.  

If you feel like customizing your own dress, eShakti is being cool enough to offer my readers a 10% discount* with code 'smartificialsweetener', valid until October 25th.  Check out their website, or find them on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.

*Please note:
Code has to be entered in the ‘promotional code’ box.   It is not case-sensitive.  
Code can be used any number of times until the validity period. 
It can be clubbed with any other promotional offer, gift coupon or gift card in the same order unless explicitly specified otherwise in the offer conditions.
This discount code is not applicable on clearance / sale, gift cards & overstock categories.
Not applicable on previous purchases.



Comments

Popular Posts