Pink in Paradise

Welcome to the first of the Saint Maarten posts!


DT and I were able to take a week long trip to the island in the beginning of December to celebrate my college roommate's wedding!  I'll share more about the wedding in a later post, but let me just say that if you are debating going to a destination wedding, make it happen.  Seriously.  If it's anything like this trip was, it will be a definite highlight vacation.


I can't tell you how good it felt to jet off to the Caribbean right as winter was rolling into DC.  Being on the beach, in a bathing suit, in the sun was just what I needed.  I'll never turn down a warm-weather trip!


We shot these photos right after the rehearsal, before heading off to the rehearsal dinner.  The light was so good, I didn't even edit these photos (other than some cropping).  It was in that impossibly perfect golden hour window, there was a warm breeze off the water, and if you can't tell, my hair was being amazing.


I bought this dress specifically for the rehearsal dinner because it was beachy, flowy, and I hoped I'd have enough of a tan by this point that I wouldn't look like a ghost - I was right!  It was such a great dress for the occasion and I received so many compliments on it!  The exact one is sold out, but I linked to some other great options below.

More SXM posts are on the way - I'll try to keep you virtually warm during these cold months!

Dress: Halston Heritage ( similar here, here, here, here, and here); Bangle: Capwell & Co. (similar); Shades: Ray Ban






Comments

Popular Posts