For Your (Weekend) Consideration

DC Ice Storm, December 2016


This is one of the best things I've ever read on Jezebel.

White House photographer Pete Souza released his favorite photos of 2016, in case you need a good cry.

Republicans quietly voted on Monday to seriously hinder the ability of the Office of Congressional Ethics to conduct investigations.  Then they reversed course after public outrage and a hell of a lot of phone calls to their offices to complain.  Pay attention to this.

About time!  Beauty brands are adding more shades to their "nude" palettes.

This article about why men aren't taking "pink-collar" jobs aka jobs that are primarily staffed by women is interesting, yet my biggest takeaway from it is that some men would rather remain unemployed than have a "women's" job.

I've been using Winc to buy my wine for a few months now and I'm really happy with the wine itself, the prices, and their customer service!  If you feel like getting a bottle for free (and, full disclosure, giving one to me too!) consider using my referral link.  Would love to know what you think of it!

As if we all didn't already want to live in France, a number of new laws go into effect this year, including the right to disconnect, to help achieve a better work/life balance.  You need time to enjoy that wine, cheese, and bread!

Speaking of disconnecting, Lindy West has left Twitter.  Read her essay on why.  I will miss her, but completely understand her reasons.  Also, my review of her book, Shrill, should be up in the next few weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts