Recent Purchases

Happy first day of February!  How did everyone's January go?  Still sticking to those resolutions?  I'm still going strong so far!  I've been sticking to my workout schedule, I made chicken stock from scratch and am going to attempt homemade hummus this month, and I've been hustling to find a new position.  Now, let's hope I can keep that momentum going!

I didn't make any shopping resolutions for 2017 because I always have the same goals.  Make smart, quality purchases that will last for a long time and fill a void in my closet.  Less impulse, more thought.  How'd I do?

Recent Purchases
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

Banana Republic Bi-Stretch Sheath Dress - For unknown reasons, I'm making an effort to be more of an adult and have proper work clothes.  This dress purchase was the result of that and thankfully, it's a winner.  The fit is PERFECT.  The material feels nice and has a bit of stretch.  The color is a glorious neutral.  And the neckline is unique.  It's a little higher than usual, which I like lately.  I've been wearing this on a weekly basis. Result: Kept. (Sold out; similar in fit & flare, peplum, and sheath.)

Old Navy Pointy Smoking Flat - I've seen these flats on a few bloggers and thought they were adorable.  As far as Old Navy shoes go, these are of good quality and pretty comfortable after a brief breaking-in period.  The dark cranberry shade is really good too.  They definitely look more expensive than their price tag!  Result: Kept. (Sold out, loafers or similar flats.)

Old Navy Mid-Rise Printed Compression Crops -  Most of my active wear has been coming from Old Navy lately.  The quality is great, the price is always right, and they have fun prints and patterns.  I bought this pair of crops, but had to return them because this particular print was see-through.  Always a disappointment when that happens.  That said, other pairs of workout bottoms from Old Navy have not been see-through by any means, so I'll keep shopping there. Result: Returned.

Old Navy Oversized Flannel Scarf -  Huge scarfs save my life all winter.  They protect my face from the wind and the cold outdoors and also protect me from the terrible heating system in my office.  I love the black watch pattern.  This was a no-brainer. Result: Kept. (Sold out; similar in white plaid.)

Banana Republic Long Sleeve Striped Tee - You saw this tee earlier this week, so let's just say it's striped, it's cotton, and it's sold out.  Luckily, Banana always has stripes in stock, so keep an eye out!  Result: Kept. (Sold out; similar.)

Comments

Popular Posts