That Time We Got Married: Part 4 - Party Time

Alright, the ceremony is over, we've had a delicious evening with our family and closest friends, we've partied a little too hard, and now we're back at it.  Day 2!

Despite the fact that I wanted approximately zero people at our actual wedding, I did want to have an epic dance party with all my friends, so we did things a little differently and had our "reception" the following day.


At a mother-effing whaling museum.

The New Bedford Whaling Museum, to be specific.


When we were looking for locations, DT sent this to me as a joke (he's a marine biologist...in his dreams), but we ended up really liking it.  Since we were in DC, we sent our mothers on a little expedition to check it out.  They called us afterwards and basically told us it was perfect, we had to book it.  So we did!


There's a huge whale skeleton (in the first picture) and you get to have cocktail hour on a whaling ship.  We were sold.


The view is also pretty sick, with all of the harbor right there.


We stuck pretty hard with the whaling theme because it's both really us and also a little bit hilarious.


DT designed our invitations and menus, which I'm still obsessed with.

And let me just say that we worked with Russell Morin for the catering and all that jazz, and they were incredible.  The food was so good.  We did a family style menu, which I loved, but the food was seriously delicious.  So many people complimented us on it.  I really care about three things: eating, drinking, and getting down with my bad self and Russell Morin took care of numbers 1 and 2.


The tables were even more beautiful than I expected.  We didn't do much with them because a) it wasn't really a priority, and b) since we were doing family style dinner, we wanted room for the food!  We did pick out the coral print table runners and I love how they added some color.


We opted for coozies as party favors because you can never have too many coozies.  Does anyone want one?  I seriously have one million extras.


Instead of paying a florist hundreds of dollars, we bought some buckets of fresh cut flowers from a local flower farm and Vanessa, one of my unofficial bridesmaids, did all the floral arrangements.  In my hotel room.  In between hair and make-up.  She's amazing.  And the flowers looked incredible!


I found these vintage looking table numbers on Etsy and had to have them.  They matched the invites so well!


I'm not normally one for tablescapes, but don't mind me tooting my own horn over here.

All photos by Doug Levy.

Comments

Popular Posts