Recent Purchases

Recent Purchases

1 // 2 // 3 // 4


[1]  This dress is everything I've been looking for: maxi, side slit, rugby stripes.  It's so, so good in theory.  And then I tried it on and all my dreams were shattered.  There's some odd ruching on the sides of the waist that basically pulled the fabric across my lower abdomen in the most unflattering way possible.  Like, your eye was immediately drawn to my trouble spot.  The search continues.  Result: Returned.

[2] White pumps have been everywhere, so naturally, I wanted a pair for myself.  I saw these Christian Siriano for Payless (who knew?) and knew I had to try them.  They're great.  The heel is totally manageable, they're comfortable to walk in, and I love the perforated detail.  Expect to see a lot of these this spring and summer.  Result: Kept.

[3]  I had high hopes for this dress as well.   I snagged it during the Shopbop Sale for a great price.  The material was incredible - it was thin and breezy without being cheap-feeling or see-through.  But the cut just did not work on my proportions.  The thigh slit was dangerously high and I would've needed to take the top up a solid six inches.  A gorgeous dress, but not one I could make work.  Result: Returned.

[4]   These earrings got added to an Asos order sort of randomly, but I'm glad that they did.  It's my first foray into the swing earring and I have to say I'm a fan.  They're essentially two pairs of earrings in one, where you can wear the studs alone or add the drop part.  They add just enough sparkle to a simple outfit and the clear color means they match everything.  Result: Kept. (Sold out, but similar here.)

So, I'm killing it with accessories and striking out with clothing.  Maybe next time?


Comments

Popular Posts