Best Year Ever

Kidding.  2014 was not the best year ever.  It was better than 2013, but that was a very low bar.  Wow, I sound like Debbie Downer over here.  2014 wasn't bad, it just sort of... happened.  It's probably just part of growing up and getting older, but it seems like all of my friends are moving on in their lives, getting master's degrees or moving to new cities or getting married or buying houses.  And I'm just here, hanging out.  The thing is, I'm pretty content in my little life here.  Good job, great boyfriend, nice apartment that feels more and more like home.

But I do have those occasional moments where I wonder if I should be doing more.  Should I be settling down?  Planning a family?  Those seem like such adult decisions and I still feel like a kid so much of the time.

The beginning of a new year brings up all those questions and more.  I'm mostly just psyched about my sequinned leggings.









Sartorial things I learned this year:

I carry that Old Navy Tote EVERYWHERE.  It's the best.

There is no such thing as too many brown leather boots.

Neutrals are my favorite, and that counts stripes.

Without lip color, I look like a corpse.

I feel my best when I'm comfortable.

Have a great end of the year and I'll see everyone in 2015!


Comments

Popular Posts