For Your (Weekend) Consideration


Everyone seems to have an opinion on Donald Sterling, but Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's is one of the best written and most enlightening I've read.

Michael Sam being the first openly gay player drafted into the NFL is amazing.  If you're having issues with the fact that he and his boyfriend kissed on national television, please read this.

I haven't watched John Oliver's new show yet, but if it's doing things like this, it's definitely up my alley.

This list is awesome.  Giving girls a healthy perception of sex is so important.

Detroit has a backlog of rape kits that were just sitting untouched.  There were over 11,000 of them.  One woman had taken the initiative to get those rape kits tested and have the perpetrators prosecuted.  A long read, but very worth it.

One mother's attempt to explain the Nigerian kidnappings to her daughter.

A woman's campaign to ask women to love and embrace their bodies, all "imperfections" included, is something I can very much get on board with.

Have a great weekend!  I'm off to Mount Vernon's Winefest tonight and a wedding tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to a lazy Sunday!



Comments

Popular Posts