For Your (Weekend) Consideration


I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this trend.

Students have asked for 'trigger warnings' for literature.  Isn't the point of literature to provoke a response?  Also, I'm sick of this attitude that if one person is upset by something, we all need to take action on it.

These look amazing and I don't know why we're not all on board yet.

Garance Dore is awesome and I love this blog post of hers on chilling out.  I really didn't like Lean In because not everyone wants to be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company or be all-consumed by their job.  And I hate that saying "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough".  Sometimes you are perfect right where you are, no matter how small that it.

Wow, just wow.

Is anyone else still watching Grey's Anatomy?  Sandra Oh's farewell episode was amazing.  There may have been tears.

Speaking of tv shows, here's a preview of what's in store for us in the fall.

Just when I think women are moving on up, this comes out.  Good for Jill Abramson for sticking up for herself.

This is extremely well-written, poignant, and from a perspective I can't even begin to imagine.

20 million bees?!


Have a wonderful long weekend and I'll see you back here on Tuesday!







Comments

Popular Posts