Guess Who's Back? Back Again?


I've written about it before, but last year was a rough one for me.  It took me about a year to get my footing back and here I am again.

2014 has been deemed (by myself) The Year of the Fay.  It's my year to get back into the swing of things, get back to being myself.

Most of that has focused on just taking better care of myself.  Eating healthy.  Working out regularly.  Distancing myself from toxic or exhausting relationships.  Focusing on what I want and what I need.

So far, so good.

Then there's this space.

I started this blog to give myself an outlet.  It was going to be my oasis from a tedious day job.  I was going to write beautiful words and possibly, somehow, parlay this into a writing job.

That didn't happen.

Words gave way to pictures.  Pictures were easier and, as strange as it sounds, were a way to show less of myself than writing would have been.

I got sucked into the "blog world" of perfection.  While that's wonderful for what it is, it's not me.  And it's not what I intended this space  to be.

My break was spent detoxing from the internet, from blogs, from the constant need to check my phone. It was much more about relaxation, enjoyment, and being content with life as it happened.  It was good for me.  My stress level has gone way down and I feel ready to come back here and give it my best shot.  I'm ready to share myself in the way that I had hoped to in the beginning.

Yes, this all sounds very dramatic and self-involved, but I want to be proud of what this space is and what I present here.  You won't see any huge changes.  There will still be outfit posts and book reviews.  Hopefully, there will be more (and better) writing.  I've got some ideas floating around and some of those will come to fruition.

I hope you're along for the ride.  It's good to be back.




Find Me Elsewhere






Comments

Popular Posts