Yes to Yellow



Dress: Olive & Oak (similar); Sandals: Sam Edelman; Tote: Target (similar); Shades: Ray Ban

I feel most at home when I'm on the water.  Growing up in New England will do that to a kid.  Water is something I've always sought out.  I found it in Miami, in Ireland, even in landlocked Vermont.  And yet for the past five years, I've resigned myself to DC, nowhere near the beaches that I crave.

We make it work.  We vacation in Florida, we lay by the pool at our apartment, and we get home as much as we can during the summertime for those trips to our beach houses.  It's enough to hold us over.

On Sunday, DT and I found ourselves with a car, a generous loan from our good friend, and no obligations.  We hopped in and headed to Annapolis for the evening, wandered the streets, people-watched, and found ourselves killing time before dinner on a dock.  The sun set over the water and as far as I am from it, I felt at home.  


Comments

Popular Posts