Best Purchases of 2016

In a shocking turn of events, all of my best purchases this year are......basics.  God, I am so predictable it hurts.  Sorry I like black & white, classic, quality items, you guys.

This is not the most exciting blog post you'll read today, but hear me out.  These were my favorite purchases in a year of many purchases with good reason.  Allow me to argue my way into your hearts.
Best Purchases of 2016

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8


Spanx Faux Leather Leggings -  I searched long and hard for faux-leather pants or leggings.  There were many contenders, but only one winner.  These leggings are incredibly comfortable, look good aka not super shiny, and fit like a dream.  I'm not a total Spanx convert yet, but these leggings are pushing me in that direction.  Original post.

Asos Jewel Stud Earring -There's something perfect about a slightly too big stud earring.  It's fashionable without being over the top.  I wear these to work on big days, with special occasion outfits, or with jeans and a sweater when I want a little something extra.  Ten dollars well spent.  Original post.

Norma Kamali Kamali Kulture Turtleneck Dress -  This is a new addition to the closet, but I have big plans for it.  It's somewhere in between a swing dress and a pencil dress.  It's clingy, but only in the right spots.  And it's black which means I've been wearing it on a weekly basis.  Expect to see this make its blog debut soon.  Original post.

Levi's Mile High Super Skinny Crop Jean -  Mom jeans.  I'm on board.  Sorry, not sorry.  The high waist on these is incredible.  It makes my legs look a million miles long.  That, paired with the "crop" (that actually hits me right at the ankle - perfect), makes this my ideal pair of denim.  These have been and will continue getting lots of wear. Original post.

BP Moveover Pointy Toe Flat -  This pair of shoes has hands down (feet down?) gotten the most wear out of everything in my closet.  They're the perfect work shoe, comfortable to walk in, and match pretty much everything.  I need these in every color. Original post.

Old Navy Classic Tall Tote -  Another item that has gotten its cost per wear down to pennies.  This faux leather tote looks far more expensive than it is, can fit everything you need for the day, and is buttery soft to boot.  Original post.

Eileen Fisher Solid Scoop-Neck Tank Top -  My grandmother gave me a gift card to Macy's and I thought, "What am I going to buy at Macy's?"  Well, I bought this Eileen Fisher tank top that I never would have bought otherwise and it's been awesome.  It's a perfect base layer or is even thick enough to wear on its own.  The cotton is very high quality.  I should stock up on these.  Original post.

London Fog Trench Coat -  The exact trench I bought it sold out, but this is a good substitute.  Basically, I have no idea how I got along without this jacket.  It's professional and put-together, but it's also actually waterproof.  I can't say enough about it.  Buy one now.  Well, buy Burberry, but if you can't afford that, and I certainly can't, buy London Fog. Original post.

Comments

Popular Posts