Key Lime Pie






Blouse, shorts, and bag: Old Navy; Shoes: Pour La Victoire; Bangles: Forever 21 (similar); Shades: Ray Ban

Weekend recap:

Friday:  After not seeing some of my DC friends in what felt like forever due to August vacations and the conventions, I met up with W and C, plus some of W's new classmates for Happy Hour at PS7's.  It was my first time there, and we stuck around the lounge, rather than the restaurant.  Their happy hour deals are great, with $3 beers, $5 sparkling wine, and $5 flatbreads.  Afterwards, we ventured down the street for dinner at Ping Pong Dim Sum.  The food was fine, but nothing special.  As for the atmosphere, its a little too trendy for my taste.  Post-dinner, we headed home and I was happy for the early bedtime.

Saturday: I got up bright and early to paint my nails.  It takes me an obscene amount of time to paint them properly, and I still end up smudging at least one, but I like the tranquility of an early Saturday morning by myself.  Later, I headed down to H Street Festival, which was amazing and chaotic and made me love my neighborhood even more.  I was on my own, so I just wandered up and down the festival a few times, popping into stores or bars or restaurants that caught my attention.  There was a such a fun, jovial vibe in the air.  Unfortunately, I could only stick around for a few hours because of my late afternoon soccer game, but even when I was leaving, it was getting incredibly packed.  And the soccer game?  Well, we lost.  1-0.  On an own goal.  I have no words.

Sunday:  Slept in a bit.  What else are Sundays for?  When I did get out of bed, I threw dinner in the crock pot (it turned out amazing and might become part of my regular crock pot rotation).  DT and I took a walk over to Eastern Market.  In our wanderings, I found the most gorgeous vintage Pendleton blazer.  We go to Eastern Market essentially on a weekly basis, and I never find anything like this.  I tried it on and it fit (I'm getting it taken in a leeetle bit, but its pretty damn close), so I offered $10 less than her asking price and although she didn't look happy, she took it!  It's warm wool and the prettiest red plaid/tartan pattern and I don't plan on taking it off until springtime.  After that glorious shopping adventure, we were starving and decided on brunch at Seventh Hill.  They had a pizza special that day with clams, pesto, cherry tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, and some spicy arugula type mix.  Soooo good.  In a food coma, we went home for some vegging time (DT) and some closet cleaning out (me).  Sandals are all boxed up and boots are front and center, ready to be worn.  Goodbye summer, hello fall!

Comments

Popular Posts