When in Westport






Bathing Suit: Victoria's Secret (similar here and here); Shades: Ray Ban

On DT: Trunks: MyHabit; Shades: Ray Ban; Crokies: Country Woolens; Hat: his grandfathers

After being in Maine and the North Shore, DT and I spent Labor Day weekend at his family's house in Westport.  This meant lots of beach time, obscene amounts of food, and far too many Dark and Stormys.  All of Dan's aunts and uncles were there, along with most of his cousins, plus his parents, grandparents, and sister.  They're a fun bunch and between the improvisational cooking, political discussions, and poorly aimed fireworks, there was never a dull moment.

I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the beach, getting the most out of the end of summer as I could.  Who knows, I may never be this tan again.  And by tan, I mean not ghostly pale.  The rest of the weekend found us at two parties, a big family dinner, playing with the dogs who seemingly multiplied each day, walking the beach so DT could throw clamshells (possibly his favorite summertime activity), and even getting some shopping time in. 

If summer had to end, I'm glad it ended this way.   




Comments

Popular Posts